Lisa Bettany is a Canadian tech entrepreneur and one of the most influential photographers on the web. She is cofounder of the top-ranked photography iPhone app, Camera+ which has sold over 14 million copies and is the best-selling camera app of all-time. Her vibrant, eye-catching landscape and travel photos have been viewed millions of times in magazines, online publications & TV broadcasts.
Lisa was included in Huffington Post’s Top 30 Most Influential Photographers on the Web, FastCompany’s Most Creative People in Business, Forbes' Top Female Tech Entrepreneur, and Business Insider’s Most Influential People in App Development .
A former competitive figure skater, with an inspiring “never say never” personality, Lisa has motivated millions to creatively capture the moments of their lives by taking great photos.
When Lisa suffered a tragic back-breaking figure skating accident at 21 years-old, she was forced to give up her Olympic dreams. Bed-ridden from her injury, a close friend loaned Lisa a camera as a method to heal and explore her creativity. As she recovered from her back injury, her photography brought back her passion for life and travel.
Determined to bring accessible creative photography and video to millions, Lisa cofounded several best-selling iPhone/iPad apps including; Camera+ in 2008, MagiCam in 2014, Vee for Video in 2015 and acquired Filters in 2015.
After living abroad for the past few years, Lisa has returned to her home on the West Coast of Canada. She currently lives with her husband, an RCAF pilot, in Comox, BC. She continues to share her photography tips and travels with her 3 million followers hoping to inspire others to capture memories and create beautiful photos with whatever camera they have.
Elle Magazine, Fast Company, Digital Trends, The Capital, Grazia, Venture Beat, CBS News, ABC News, Marie Clare, Wired, FastCo Exist, Apple App Store, FStoppers, Foreign Correspondent, PopSugar, BGR, Business Insider, Huffington Post, Forbes, The Verge, Follow the Geeks, Engadget, Gizmodo, Thrillist, The New York Times, Toronto Star, Times Colonist, SALT Vancouver Island Magazine, Science News, The Globe & Mail, CNET & Lifehacker.
- Elle Magazine "Million-Dollar Babes: Meet six women who turned their business ideas into big bucks"
- Fast Company "How Camera+ Cofounder Lisa Bettany Found The Peace To Innovate"
- Entrepreneur "Camera+: An Apps to Riches Story. How Lisa Bettany went from struggling photographer to app evangelist"
- Digital Trends "Figure Skater, Photographer, Now Game Developer, Lisa Bettany Keeps on Creating"
- BGR "The team behind iconic iOS app Camera+ has just released a game-changing video editing app"
- FastCo Labs "Why A Hit App Developer Is Taking On Games For Girls"
- SnapSnapSnap "iPhone camera evolution: How does the iPhone 6 camera compare to previous iPhone cameras?"